Battery Creek High School
National Honor Society
Meetings will be held on Fridays.
Please see Mrs. Sette for new schedule.
2015-2016 NHS Officers
President - Christian Carter
Vice President - Katie Harris
Secretary - Kristina Painter
Treasurer - Bailee Jones
Advisor: Mrs. Martha Sette
- Excuses from meetings must be approved. Any missed meeting must be “made up” in a manner approved by the NHS Faculty Advisor.
- Attendance will be recorded at every meeting – It is your responsibility to make sure that you sign the attendance sheet.
- It is the student’s responsibility to maintain and submit a record of service hours using the required form. Service logs are due by the end of April each year.
- NHS members are required to pay $20 in dues by December each year they are a member.
- NHS members must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5, and a clean disciplinary record.
- All active members and inductees must attend the formal induction ceremony each year
- Meetings will be held in D101 and shall begin promptly at 2:40 pm
- Seniors are required to attend 14 meetings, and complete 40 total hours (20 + 20) of service in order to be eligible for a cord
Juniors are required to attend 14 meetings, and complete 20 hours of service in order to run for an NHS office in their senior year.
NHS is re-cycling ink/toner cartridges and cell phones. Please bring any of these items to the front office to support this program.