AP – Advanced Placement:
In conjunction with the College Board and Advanced Placement (AP) Program, Battery Creek High Schools works to ensure that students from all backgrounds have the opportunity to succeed in college and beyond. In AP classrooms, the focus is not on memorizing facts and figures. Students are engaged in intense discussions, solve problems collaboratively, and learn to write clearly and persuasively.
The Advanced Placement Program offers 34 courses, including Chinese Language and Culture, Environmental Science, and Psychology. Students are able to explore their interests and discover new passions. AP courses help students acquire the skills and habits they will need to be successful in college by improving their writing skills, sharpening their problem-solving abilities, and developing time management skills, discipline, and study habits. More than 90 percent of four-year colleges in the United States and colleges in more than 60 other countries give students credit, advanced placement or both on the basis of AP Exam scores.
Battery Creek High School offers the following Advanced Placement Courses:
- AP Human Geography(Freshman, Sophomores and Seniors)
- AP World History(Sophomores and Seniors)
- AP US History(Juniors and Seniors)
- AP Biology(Juniors and Seniors)
- AP Calculus AB(Juniors and Seniors)
- AP Literature and Composition(Juniors and Seniors)
- AP Language and Composition(Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors)
- AP Environmental Science(Seniors)
- AP French(2013-2014)(Seniors)