Battery Creek High School's mission is to offer a diverse and culturally rich curriculum tailored to students' needs and abilities.
Battery Creek High School will provide an engaging, relevant, and rigorous curriculum in a safe, orderly, and diverse environment to ensure that each student will achieve his or her intellectual and creative potential and graduate with a clear path of action to become a productive citizen.
We believe that:
- Our first priority is to provide all students an opportunity to learn.
- Each student can become an independent life-long learner.
- Every student has a right to services and resources.
- Students must learn to make appropriate decisions.
- Students must take an active part in their learning.
- Teachers, staff, administrators, students, parents, and community members share the responsibility of supporting the learning environment.
- Effective programs prepare students for the world of work or post-secondary education.
- High expectations for student achievement and ongoing evaluation of programs and curriculum lead to continuous improvement.
- Cultural diversity promotes individual growth and positive self-concepts.
- Students learn in different ways and must be exposed to a variety of instructional approaches.
- Students must be allowed to demonstrate achievement through a variety of assessments.
- Students must learn to be responsible for their words and actions if they are to become productive citizens.